May 26-2011 Update

We were away for the long weekend but everything survived thanks to good weather and a good house sitter.

May 24 – I transplanted 7 tomato plants into larger pots and buried them in one trough in the green house. So far so good.
I acquired some sand from the “sand pits” on Tuesday as well. I planted some more lettuce and peas too. Now I have all my peas in, except for those I sow later on in the season. My first box of peas have since sprouted.
May 25 I sowed two small planters, that hang on my lattice, with climbing vine seeds. One with scarlet runners and one with something else…purple pod like one. These planters are staying in the greenhouse for now.
May 26 I planted three rows of beets, more lettuce and transplanted some more lettuce into 6 and 8 inch pots. I put the 8 inch pots on the deck.
I also placed about 10 tomato, basil and tomatilla plants in the same trough w/ the other seven plants. I didn’t transplant them as I want to be able to remove them quickly, if need be.
Over the past couple of days, I’ve hooked up hoses, watered some perrenial gardens and gave the grass a bit of water. The ground feels wet but my grass isn’t coming back as fast as it is in other yards in the neighbourhood. In fact, the grass I seeded last year hasn’t come up yet.
Hmmm was supposed to plant some more basil. Maybe I’ll go do that right now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s