Well this likely pretty obvious to most but everything looks good for the next week – likely good for the season now.
Busy putting stuff in beds, planters and pots. Really just time to get at it all now, but so far:
- Almost half my tomatoes are in;
- Most of my first basil crop that survived is in;
- Most of the carrot seed that is going in is in (save for reseeding) and same with the beets;
- peas are coming up in all four boxes now;
- Some potatoes are in;
- About 10 dozen heads of lettuce are in their final spots; and
- Bees are working over time on the flowers on the Haskaps.
Bought small six packs of petunias from Can Tire. Almost a third of the cost of their larger six packs so beware. I find petunias are good bang for the buck, lasting long…all season long. Also bought some Rosemary from Arctic Farmer to replace the two plants I fried with temps below minus ten in early May (one actually survived, barely).